To ensure we have only the highest quality eggs, we require women to undergo a rigorous qualification exam if they wish to donate through Asian Egg Bank.
The journey to becoming an egg donor may not be easy, but it’s certainly rewarding.
Qualifying as an Egg Donor
If you do not meet one or more of these requirements, it doesn't mean you will be automatically rejected. But typically, we find that the best candidates are those:
- Between age 21 and 29. This is the time when a woman is at her most fertile.
- With a college education or higher. Though a college education is not required, it greatly improves your chances of being matched with a recipient family.
- At least 5’3” or taller. However, shorter could be accepted as well.
- In good physical health. Certain medical conditions, like a life-threatening disease or sexually transmitted infection (STI) can prohibit a woman from donating. At Asian Egg Bank, we ask all potential donors to get medical clearance before donating. It’s also important that a donor not have a history of recreational drug use.
- In good mental health. Mental health is just as much a part of your overall wellness as physical health is. We recommend women interested in donating not have a history of severe anxiety or depression.
Requirements During an Egg Donation Cycle
If our specialists believe that you would be a good donor, based on the above criteria, we’ll then discuss the donation process in greater detail. Having a good understanding of what the donation process is like is the best way to ensure you and your eggs are healthy throughout the entire cycle.
- You’ll be asked to undergo psychological and medical testing to ensure your interview questionnaire was accurate and truthful.
- Egg donors are required to give themselves 1-2 injections a day and the injections must be administered at specific times. Our staff will provide all donors with extensive training regarding how to safely give yourself a shot.
- Donors are asked to be available for frequent blood draws and ultrasounds.
- Once the eggs are ready, your retrieval surgery will be scheduled. The surgery typically takes around 30 minutes and does not leave any noticeable scarring.
Asian Egg Bank was established to satisfy the ever-rising demand for Asian egg donors. Thanks to rigorous quality and screening standards, we are able to offer the highest quality eggs and surrogacy services to improve the chances of a successful pregnancy. Give us a call at 858.381.3224 for more information!